Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, God! What a mess.

In the perfect world, writers would write, and read, and post cogent words on their blogs. Unfortunately, as we all know, we don't live in the perfect world. Yesterday, I was ecstatic because I was going to have more time to write. But, as I mentioned yesterday, I didn't figure in the grandson-factor!

Then there was the bank factor.

I always get a copy of my daily balance sent to my email, so I can keep track of things. I was shocked to see it was in the red. When I checked our account, I discovered one company had charged us twice, just three days apart. Crap! Although I contacted them, they would not take responsibility for the double charging. I was mad.

But, my mother, even though she lives on the West coast, and me on the East, banks with the same bank. So, she transferred money from her account to mine, and I saw the money show up yesterday. BUT, when I opened my email today, they didn't count the transfer to last night, but showed it would clear tonight.

To make things worse, I am now going to get charged for SIX bounced checks. Who here as an extra two hundred dollars floating around? Right. Me, neither. Unfortunately (for who knows whatever reason), the NSF charges won't show up in my account for 2-3 days, so I cannot go to the bank and fall prostrate before the bank manager yet.

I do my very best to avoid bank problems. Shrug. I guess I can go to the bank today, and at least get them to credit my account to last night. I don't know if that will happen or not. Unfortunately, I didn't print out my bank statement last night that showed the money was transferred into my account yesterday afternoon - before the end of the banking day.

So, if you have connections with any of the mystical beings of the universe, please petition them on my behalf! Thanks.

10 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

What a mess, indeed! My thoughts are with you as you try to get through this and get it all straightened out.

Unknown said...

and if you find the address to send a 'cease and desist' order...send it my way. :)

ginger

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

You have my sympathy. I was treated like scum when my bank (several years ago) neglected to record our deposit and started bouncing checks right and left. The mistake was theirs but they acted like it was mine. Needless to say, they lost our business after they wrote letters of apology to the recipients of all those bounced checks.

Shari

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a headache. Sorry for your troubles!

Morgan Mandel said...

Now I'm feeling guilty. I don't check my bank statements as often as I should. I do need to balance my checkbook instead of waiting until income tax time.

The ATM makes me lazy, since it shows me the balance all the time.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com
http://twitter.com/morganmandel

CJ Parker said...

Isn't it funny how it's never their fault? I hope you get it straightened out and make them pay for the bounced check fees.

Annay Dawson said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I once had a charge removed from my account seven times and the bank refused to deal with it. They told me I had to deal with the store and that there was nothing they could do about it.

Christopher Hoare said...

Banks are the curse of the Universe. I use my little old local credit union (I think you call them thrifts) where everyone knows my name and they put up with all the odd requests I come up with.

Chris H.

elysabeth said...

Katie,

Since you have proof that the company charged you twice within a short period of time, the company that caused the original negative balance is responsible for clearing it up plus any other things caused by their mistake. Call, get the manager on the phone or the highest person in the company, write them and show them proof of what they caused. Make them credit your account for their mistake. Don't let them brush you off like that. Stand your ground and make sure they pay for all those bounced checks created by their fault -

Rant over - hope you get it straightened out soon - E :)

elysabeth said...

Katie,

Since you have proof that the company charged you twice within a short period of time, the company that caused the original negative balance is responsible for clearing it up plus any other things caused by their mistake. Call, get the manager on the phone or the highest person in the company, write them and show them proof of what they caused. Make them credit your account for their mistake. Don't let them brush you off like that. Stand your ground and make sure they pay for all those bounced checks created by their fault -

Rant over - hope you get it straightened out soon - E :)