Monday, August 9, 2010

A fresh attitude check helps!

It's Monday again, and time to start the week with a fresh attitude, and boy have I needed one! I've decided to look at my "failures" of not keeping up with emails, not posting other writer's interviews, not working on any of my WIPs not as failures but as impetus to start new and fresh.

It can be hard not to think of oneself as a failure, especially when you've allowed yourself to moan, groan and bitch about your writing life.

I freely participated in a downhill spiral of missed communications and depression about my books sales (or lack thereof).

But I've bolstered my flagging spirits with the good news that has surrounded me if I were only but to look: my three library visits were a great success! All six copies of my book at the local library system have been steadily checked out since the end of June. Yippee! Another librarian in another state is ordering six copies for her library! Another yippee!

Apart from annoying spammers that I can't seem to get rid of, my blog is going well, and I have plenty of guest bloggers to share.

Sure, I haven't worked on my books, but I have allowed myself to do some brainstorming and free association on a couple of them, and I'm anxious to get to work.

See, you can pull yourselves up by looking at the positive rather than the negative. It's working for me. What about for you? Share your story!

4 comments:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Good for you, Katie. Sometimes it's easy to get down in the dumps. But I remind myself that life is too short to be glum. You can't get back those wasted days. And I look around me at all the poor, miserable people in the world who have serious problems and realize how lucky and blessed I am.
Here's to your new beginning. May the remaining days of 2010 bring you lots of joy.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

What a blessing you are, Katie. I was in a slump and now I'm not. Actually, it wasn't that easy. I had to read your post first. Thanks for reminding I need to count my blessings. Have a great day.

Margaret Fieland said...

Katie, kudos to you for your successful library visits and for the justified success your book is enjoying at the local library. I'm giving you a well-deserved pat on the back.

Peggy

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie. I'm so glad you are starting with a fresh attitude and you are able to find the positives in everything. That is awesome about your books being checked out and that another library is ordering 6 books for their library! It sounds like you are building a good following for your next book when it comes out!

Thank you for sharing your ups and downs on the writing path. I think it makes others, who are struggling with things in their own lives, realize they aren't alone, including me.

Have a great day!