Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!

OMG! It's almost finally here. That sounds like a dichotomy of terms, doesn't it? I did the final edits of my book, Guardian, and it's ready to go to layout and for copy editing. I use those terms, but don't really know what they mean, other than to know they are the final stages of publication. I know it is close, because I had to write an author bio, copy for the back cover, and an acknowledgement page. Isn't this so cool?

I want to laud the virtues of the 4RV Publishing group. Even though it took longer than I thought, these fine folks have been with me all the way, and have been committed to making my book the best it can be.

Of course, this doesn't mean I can rest on my laurels. No indeed, there is the marketing ahead (I've been doing some of that for awhile now), book store signings, school visits, and a mega internet push. My husband is soon going to join the rank of the unemployed, but this means he'll be able to go to visits with me. I hope to be able to branch my marketing out to include several nearby states.

And, in the middle of all this is my writing of my next middle grade novel, and working lightly on a couple of other books.

2 comments:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Yay, Katie. It won't be long now. I know the publishing world seems to move slowly. But the end result is worth the wait. Soon you'll be holding your book in your hands. That's an awesome feeling.

Bev

http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Wow! Sounds very exciting! Love your post on the process. I'll be following you soon as a new 4RV author! Dogsled Dreams 2011. Your cover is beautiful too!