Monday, December 8, 2008

Making Progress: Book marketing

Ever feel like you're drowning in information? That's how I feel right now with this whole book marketing thing. I start to work on one area, which leads me to another area, which leads me to a new web site with great marketing ideas, which...well, you get the picture!

The thing I've realized so far is that no matter how much you learn about book marketing, there's always more to learn: better markets, more concise information, new blog and web sites, and so forth.

If I could just focus on one area, and get something accomplished that way, I would feel better about things. I need to hone in and certain areas. Make a list! Ah, yeah. I bet that would help me get something done. Whew! Glad I thought of that.

How about you? Are you swimming in info? Do you need to be more organized in your approach to book marketing? Make a list of all the things you need to do, then prioritize them and go to work!

1 comment:

Sharon Reece said...

I know exactly what you mean, Katie. Biting off more than I can chew is my motto. I've been learning marketing in general for several years now and book marketing for about the past 8 months. It's a whole lot more work than I thought it would be - further complicated by my babysitting responsibilities for my little grandson.

Anyway on the blogtour group you mentioned you were looking for authors to interview on your blog. We (my husband and I) have written an inspirational non-fiction book telling the story of our missing son who went on a hike in Hawaii in 1999 and was never seen again. If this sounds like something that interests you, we'd be glad to have the publicity. We have our book out as an e-book and are getting ready to self-publish it in print version soon. Anyway, you can contact me through our book site at www.tnchristianpublishers.com

Thanks and much success to you!